Tuesday 9 September 2014

Products That I should've Loved But Didn't

More often than not, I buy a product based on an online review, a blog post or a Youtube video. These two are not an exception. While I liked both of them, I didn't love them nearly as much as I expected after hearing so much praise about them.


The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil (£10)
Yes, it is gentle on my sensitive skin. Yes, it smells nice and leaves the skin feel refreshed. Yes, for the price it is quite a good product. Does it take makeup off completely? No (if I only used a tinted moisturizer then it more or less did, however if you are going full on with foundation and bronzer and blush, or even a primer beforehand, then it will definitely not take off all of it). Does the applicator work well? Not really. When you press down, you need to hold the bottle close to your hand because it will easily splash out all over. Since it is an oil, things can get messy rather quickly ... What comes in handy is that you can turn the head around to prevent any product from coming out.
All in all, while I do keep on using this product, I would not repurchase and I am not one of its super fans.

Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara (£8)
The False Lash Effect Mascara has also been getting lots of praise around the internet. Once again, I do quite like it. It is probably one of the better drugstore mascaras that I've purchased. However, it really is waterproof. And when I say really waterproof, I mean like A LOT. So much that I have difficulty taking all of it off of my eye lashes without almost ripping them out. So much that my eye lashes feel hard to touch. Instead of using just this mascara alone, I prefer to put on the Estée Lauder Sumptuous Infinite Mascara (which I wrote my own praise on here) and then I apply just a little bit of this Max Factor one to add a little more volume and make it waterproof.

All in all, I did not hate these products, but I did not love them either, although the internet claimed that I will. Everybody is different and while some products may work for many, they will never work for absolutely everyone.

Are there any products that you feel the same about?

2 comments :

  1. I always buy things based on reviews, it's a shame these products didn't live up to the hype!

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never bought a products due to a review since my skin is so sensitive! I would love to try this product and see how it works! x

    ReplyDelete